Monday, December 7, 2009
300
I love the movie 300, I love the cinematography, I love the acting, and I even like the story (it makes sense if it was the Spartans telling the story they would exaggerate the enemy to make their deeds seem more heroic and the enemy more gruesome). I had seen the movie several times before I had read the comic, however I'd have to say that the movie was much better than the comic. For the most part I didn't care much for the art, the way he drew eyes was really off putting. The composition of the scenes is for most of the time poor, the few of the scenes that actually look good were used in the move, however they took it all further. The scene that best describes how the comic book pales in comparison to the movie is the last scene. In the dialogue we are told that ten thousand spartans are leading thirty thousand greeks, and the image shows eight spartans running at the camera. However in the movie it shows the massive army of greeks charging the enemy Persian army. The best word that I can think that describes the book is lazy, the art and composition is lazy, in a medium that allows for potentially infinite detail, Frank Miller (or whoever illustrated it) was extremely lazy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment