Okay, I have read some weird comics, the Doom comic was strangely awesome, some manga comics make me go wtf. But I have never read something as strange as the TJ Bible comics. The first comic I read was the Furry Freak Brothers, drug usage, and stupidity abound in this comic. The first story of the brothers going and rescuing one of the other brothers from a police holding cell. This all turns out to be a drug trip of one of the brothers. This is a large part of what these comics contain.
Honestly this comic embodies the one thing I hate about people who use drugs, the need to constantly brag about it. To me it just screams of high school and its one thing that really pisses me off. I understand that it was one of the tropes of the era, I guess its just my prejudice. The art style itself is also terrible, its stylized but it something pleasing. It changes from comic to comic and some are better and others are worse.
The one about the sex crazed girl was really interesting, and bizarre. It breaks the rules that traditional comics had up until then in every way shape and form.
I respect them for what they did to change the way comics are written and perceived, but I really don't like them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment