Monday, October 12, 2009

Flight

Flight is an interesting collection of short comics containing some element of flight (hence the name, amazing I know). Most of the stories were rather good, specifically the Copper comics by Kazu Kibuishi. I have read the Copper before online and have always enjoyed it, these were no exception. However some of them were a bit less than stellar, a few were extremely difficult to read as they were done in a cut paper style, and the writing on the paper got in the way of the actual comic. Some of them had nothing to do with flight at all, which was odd considering the premise of the book.

I enjoyed seeing several styles of comic book side by side, it was interesting to see which was more effective. I think that Copper was probably the best of the group and I really enjoyed his stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment